Thursday, August 15, 2013

First Day Activity for Students...Photo Prop Booth

I struggled with coming up with a first day activity for my students this year.  It's looking like I will have 30 students, and I really wanted to do something fun.  It finally struck me during my 2 year-old niece's birthday party.... A PHOTO BOOTH.

So, I thought that I would create a bulletin board that looks like a theater-style stage. Students will choose some props on the first day that represent who they are, and I will take their pictures.  They will do a little writing activity or create a headline for their picture, and I will hang them up.  This will be a fun way for them to introduce themselves to me and their classmates.

So, I spent a lot of time finding FREE photo booth props online (thanks Pinterest and Google).  There were tons of great ones out there.  I was able to download and print them on card stock and laminate them.  Thankfully I have an amazing husband who helped me cut them all out. 

Then, I created the bulletin board, which wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be.  I used the large rolls of paper that come on a cart.  Here is the bulletin board (pre-photos).

Before...

 
 
 
 After...
 
 
 



1 comment: